My husband is wonderful! I am not just saying this since he will probably read this. He truly is a great husband and father. As I have mentioned earlier, I have PTSD, depression and anxiety. He works full time, helps with our son, and takes care of the house, yard and cars. With my PTSD, depression and anxiety I have had problems with fatigue. My depression and energy problems have taken their toll on the house. Most of the time I am no able to get the house cleaned up. Also, I still nap when my son does. Yes, I know part of it is that I have a two year old. He is into everything so it is hard to keep up with him and pick up after him.
Other moms tell me not to be so hard on myself. That all this is perfectly normal. But, I still feel terrible that my husband works so hard outside the home and he doesn't even have a clean house to come home to. I do see a counselor and a psychiatric nurse practitioner for my meds. My counselor tells me just to work on one room a day to keep up. Some days this is too much but, I am trying. my psychiatric nurse practitioner has me on meds to help with the energy and staying awake. And is also sending me a light box. Hopefully this will help on the gloomy days.
Even though other moms tell me that is normal to have a messy house with a two year old. I still wonder if they are telling me the truth. Do other moms really feel like this??? Do they have a hard time keeping their house clean and somewhat uncluttered???
My wonderful husband has stayed with me through all of this. Not just stay with me but, helped me and supported me. I love him very much and don't know what I would do without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment