Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring/Toddler bed

Spring is on my mind today.  Maybe it is the beautiful sunshine we have had the past few days.  Maybe it is the promise that warmer days will soon be here.  I love spring.  All the new green plants and trees awakening is such a wonderful thing.  I cannot wait for the new greenery to appear! The promise of spring, a promise of rebirth and renewing.

I, like many people find they have more energy and better mood with he warmer weather.  We have not had a bad winter this year.  But, I am still ready for the warmer weather to be here.  My psychiatric nurse practitioner gave me a light box to help improve my energy and my mood.  She did this because the meds are not working well enough and she wonders if part of the problem is the dreary weather.  So far I am not completely sold on the idea.  It does make sense to me since I do notice a difference when I am able to get out in the sun.  But, can this little box really give me the same effect?  I am going to try it and find out.  Today is day three with the light box.  I do feel ok today.  But I am no sure if it is seeing the sun shining outside or the effects of the light box.  Maybe the light box needs more prolonged exposure over more days.  We shall see.



My husband and I have decided to take the side rail down on our son's crib.  He now has a toddler bed.  He was so very excited.  He now plays and watches movies in his room.  H is such a big boy now!  Where did the time go???  My baby is growing up. 

So far he has done very well at bedtime and nap time.  He does still protest as he still does not want to go to sleep.  But, he has stayed in his bed each time I put him down.  I am so impressed with my little one.  So proud!  And so sad.  He does not seem to need his momma so much anymore.  He even shuts the door on me when he wants to play in his room.  After I get his movie going he doesn't need me.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment